Sunday, September 1, 2013

Success!

Meatballs in honey garlic sauce, fresh market salad with mandarin dressing & perogies.
We did it! We served 'Off the Menu" specials at a price of $10 a plate, the whole month of August!! It was a fun and fresh culinary challenge and I think I enjoyed it as much as our guests!

Ultimately, I did meatballs a little more often that I would have really liked, but they were our most popular dishes! We did them in marinara sauce, honey garlic sauce, mushroom gravy and as sweet and sour meatballs. Some we served with perogies, others with fries and twice with salads!  So it never really was the same dish repeated.

Meatballs with mushroom gravy, steamed snow peas, fries & coleslaw


Right now we are doing analysis as to sales, production costs and sustainability. I am also looking to our guests for feedback and to learn what their hopes are for the future on this project.

Overall, it met my personal goals of re-energizing the staff, myself included. It also generated interest from the community and we earned some new fans. It also served a purpose, to nourish seniors and singles who weren't otherwise cooking well-rounded, nutritional meals at home for themselves. That fact can't be overlooked.

The quality of meals were exceptional. I'm quite proud of that. The daily photos on our Facebook page were definitely a visual hit too.

I hope to have a direction for this project in the coming weeks. I don't see that it has reached its end!


2 comments:

  1. I have to say - I enjoyed your $10.00 meals more than once, and loved everyone of them. I especially enjoyed the deep-fried sundays for dessert.

    You've brought something to Brandon that very few other restaurants have - I think only the Wildflower/Lady of the Lake have even attempted what you took on.

    I know it's tons of work, and I know how hot an sticky it can get in August, so thank you so much for bringing a unique and local flavor to Brandon. I'm so sad winter is coming, but will continue to enjoy and share how much I've loved visiting and eating at your place everywhere I can.

    ReplyDelete