Friday, November 16, 2012

My Kinda Fun

I wish I knew. Really, I'm not sure what I enjoy anymore. It's been so long since I've been out on a Saturday night I'm not sure what fun looks like, never mind feels like.

I'm not all "boo hoo" so don't stop reading because you think I'm going to suck and whine about my life. It's hard to do that in this world nowadays. With natural disasters, disease, politics, crime and the crazy misfortune that plagues everyone, I can't compete. Nor do I want to.

You've got to want what you have, not just try to have what you want all the time. And I have a lot. I get that. I have great kids, a husband who doesn't try to drive my vehicle anymore,  and I get to travel a fair bit. But what I don't really have are any hobbies or anything that get me out of the house in the winter.

For 9 months of the year, I work every Friday and Saturday night at my restaurant. Most Sundays too. And those are the days when real people - you know - people who are NOT married to restaurants, go out and do things. And now that I'm in the off season, I have to figure out what happens on Friday nights. I hear that some people get babysitter and go out with their spouses. I think I'd like to try that.

I hear that sometimes ladies go out for things called "girls' night." I think I'd like to try that. I hear that there are places where strangers can go and eat popcorn and all watch the same thing on a giant screen... movies, I think they call them. I'd like to try that.

I'd love to go to an NHL game, but I guess nobody is doing that right now.

What I don't want is another Saturday night of mini-sticks and boys yelling at me "mom, you need to practice more, your shot sucks. You never score. I don't want mom on my team."  I think I've had enough of those.

I suppose there's always laundry. But who really wants 7 nights a week of dirty socks and wet towels? I think I'm going to need a new hobby. Please don't anybody say scrapbooking. I'm no good at that. Writing.... LOL.  What about curling... nah, I think I prefer to wear grippy shoes in the winter rather than things that slide. And is somebody started yelling "sweep" at me, I'd think I was at work. I'd probably start filling a mop bucket out of habit.

Ugh... I'm thinking about work again.  Ohhh, maybe I could take up stand-up comedy. I seem to think I'm pretty funny. Oh never mind, if people started throwing tomatoes at me and my bad jokes I'd probably just make a sauce and start doing "restaurant stuff" again.


No comments:

Post a Comment