Saturday, August 3, 2013

Time to Mix Things Up

I'm ready to take our Diner guests on a culinary adventure!  Don't you think August is THE perfect month for adventure? Go camping, eat berries, walk across a swinging bridge, call your favourite crazy aunt and ask for a recipe.  Whatever adventure means to you... go for it!

I think I'm going to celebrate August by stretching my culinary skills a bit and making our daily specials.... extra special. NEW items not regularly on the menu. A one-day, see-what-we-made adventure!

I want to create a bison & vegetable chili that honours our local foods.

I want to make a spicy pulled pork on a bun.

I want to make a fresh garden tomato and feta burger.

I want to make a peaches and caramel sundae.

I want to do fried ice cream sundaes like I did at Chi Chi's growing up.

I want to make a spicy jalepeno burger that makes men say, "damn, that was a spicy burger."

Are you with me?   What would you like me to try as a daily special?

1 comment:

  1. love the chi chi's fried ice cream idea and the garden tomato and feta burger! I think this could be a lot of fun for you and your customers too!

    ReplyDelete