Monday, August 12, 2013

The $10 Diner Dinner Project Update

The concept of an "off the menu" dinner special has been well received. Our guests are intrigued and engaged. Many are trying the daily specials, but even more are following along through social media.

Personally, I'm enjoying the challenge and it is a fantastic test of my creativity. It's giving me a chance to showcase some of our fabulous local veggies and regional flavours.

Before I forget, I want to write a list of the dinners we have offered so far at just $10 a plate.

1) Bison Salisbury Steak, Farmer's market beans and fries
2) Tacos
3) Pulled pork on a bun with fries and coleslaw
4) Meatballs, new potatoes in dill, marinated vegetable salad
5) BBQ chicken with roasted market veggies
6) Chicken Havarti with FMbeans
7) Meatloaf with mashed garlic/bacon/cheddar potatoes, coleslaw
8) Perogies and Kolbassa, coleslaw

Chicken Havarti 

No comments:

Post a Comment